Monday, January 28, 2008

Visit to Waikato Microlight Club

Not to be outdone by Rodney I've got yet more photos to post :)

I was out on Collins Rd on Saturday and ended up visiting the Waikato Microlight Club. This is an airstrip and hangar on a farmer's property that's within the Hamilton control zone, and they've been kind enough to arrange a little piece of class G airspace for them up to 500ft AGL. This is an impressive strip - 750 metres long, which is 100 metres MORE than we have at Hamilton airport!!!! It also runs east-west, so into the prevailing wind, which is handy. It's also got a lovely view of Mt Pirongia.

All photos here taken with a Pentax WR90 point+shoot 35mm camera (donation from one of the WAC members, thank-you-very-much!)


Hangar and a couple of aircraft that live there



Inside the hangar



Looking down the strip (view large is best)



Zenith microlight



Zenith panel




ZK-DXO, C172 with 150hp



Can anyone spot the cardinal sin being committed here?



Inside DXO

6 comments:

Evan said...

Are you talking about DXO being parked with its tail into wind? or is it the leaving metallic objects like headsets next to the compass?

If the former then at least the control lock was in place...

Chris Nielsen said...

I was on about the headset right next to the compass

Rodney said...

I picked up on the out of wind parking also.

I surrender - you've caught up on the posts! :-)

Chris Nielsen said...

Well you guys beat me there - I missed the parking issue!!

Rodney, it's not a competition - I just had all these photos building up :)

Flyinkiwi said...

Sin or no sin, I wouldn't want to be putting those portable ovens on my ears after leaving them in the sun next the the compass. :)

Chris Nielsen said...

Hahaha... This is true!!!