Sunday, May 13, 2007

Just some random aeroplane photos

Piper Arrow ZK-DQV
Arrow DQV

Cessna 172 ZK-DXO
C172 DXO

Cessna 172 ZK-WAM
C172 WAM

Alpha R2160
Alpha WJH

If anyone cares, all of these photos were taken with matrix mode, -1/3 exposure compensation, cloudy WB, saturation +2. I find Canon cameras in particular overexpose in contrasty light, and I just leave it set to -1/3 pretty much all the time. Otherwise the white of aeroplanes gets blown slightly. Times like this I wish I had Nikon gear :-)

4 comments:

Rodney said...

Nice pictures. Where were they taken?

Chris Nielsen said...

Thanks!! All except DQV I took yesterday from the aero club at Hamilton, the other one from round the corner at it's hangar

Flyinkiwi said...

It may be overexposed but I like the warm tones that white gets in the setting sun. Those photos look fantastic.

Chris Nielsen said...

Thanks mate.. The warm look is as much thanks to Cloudy WB as anything else.. I could also have done with pulling the exposure back just a touch on a couple. Oh well...