Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another aviation gaffe on TV

I saw last night's episode of Bones, and saw yet another aviation related mistake on a TV program. They mentioned more than once the victim had a Cessna Turboprop parked up. Next thing we see them examining the aircraft in question, and lo and behold it's a Cessna 340! Which most definitely has piston engines. TSIO-520's according to my lookup of the aircraft on landings.com.

Why can't these people get simple things like this right??? It's blatantly obvious to anyone who knows the first thing about aircraft! Grrrrr!!!!

2 comments:

Rodney said...

Yeah - that prop looked like it had been filed down a bit also...

Chris Nielsen said...

You mean the prop with the huge chunk taken out of it? I scratched my head when I saw that, I mean, people must be quite soft compared to other things, I can't see a person chewing up a prop like that..