Saturday, April 21, 2007

Arrow rating Part 2

Did another hour in DQV today for my Arrow rating. Went up with Roger today and did a whole lot of circuits, just getting used to the retractable gear and CSU. After 0.4 of circuits he got out and sent me out to do solo circuits which was another 0.4. I am getting much more comfortable with the aircraft, and have got the complex bits sorted out. Now I have to sort the rest of my flying out - I have been finding I miss things I wouldn't normally miss because I have been concentrating on the extra bits, and now the extra bits are becoming easier I can get back to concentrating on my flying!!!!

Have a Max All Up Weight Check tomorrow morning, if it goes well I may have a rating tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Aaron Martin said...

Hope the MAUW check went well today? Also, still waiting to read about the rest of your trip around the south island!

Chris Nielsen said...

Yep, went damn well!! Getting used to the extra bits, and I am looking forward to taking it next weekend for a blast...

Aaron Martin said...

Ive been enjoying having the Arrow to myself over the last few months, oh well it was bound to happen :-) Luckily Im flying to Hawkes Bay twice thsi week in her.

Chris Nielsen said...

Now I have the rating I can't afford to take it anywhere - just done 9 hours this month, was surprised I could afford a rating less than one week after paying for my trip, so not too bummed out by it really...