Friday, June 27, 2008

Some more random photos

Scanning in my recent batch of slides, I found some photos that might be of some interest to you all so here you are....


Our pilot's lounge




VH-PIG, an aerobatic champion aircraft that lives nearby




Aerial shot of Hamilton City - click to view large




Cockpit of my fav aircraft, DQV - Piper Arrow II




A local car sales yard's company runabout...




See, even the flowers take maintenance :)




A burned out house near work that I though was photogenic

4 comments:

ZK-JPY said...

How do the nav instruments work on this machine?

I can see 2 ADF tuners and 2 ADF displays and I think I can see 2 NAV tuners (1 is hiding behind the right hand yoke), but I can only see the 1 NAV display (the HSI)...

Is the 2nd NAV tuner used only for ILS? or do you flick the HSI from one tuner to the other?

Chris Nielsen said...

Right, had a look at it to refresh my memory, and there's only 1 NAV tuner. Top stack is COM1 / NAV1. Bottom stack is COM2 A/B. You flick between the two frequencies with the A/B selector. Really quite handy.

Flyinkiwi said...

How did you get so much light into DQV? It looks like someone ripped the roof off!

Chris Nielsen said...

Euan: It's called the middle of summer with the sun behind you